Winter Beef-Style Stew
- (1 pack) VBites Beef style pieces
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 Red potatoes
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots
- 6-8 Chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp VBites gravy powder
- 1 tbsp of vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs of sage
- Black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan and saute the onions.
- Add the carrots, potato and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Then crisp the potatoes in the pan separately.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes Adding the sprigs of sage whole, without removing any leaves.
- Dry fry the VBites Beef style pieces searing them on a high heat, carefully sealing each side. Set to one side.
- Slice the chestnut mushrooms and fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Parboil the potatoes and steam the carrots until cooked through, remove the sprigs of sage and mix in the beef style pieces and mushrooms.
- In a cup mix the gravy powder with a dash of cold water to make a paste and stir into the stew. Bring to the boil again stirring constantly to prevent lumps and thicken the stew.
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more
A hearty winter stew packed leeks and chicken style pieces and served with hand made cheezy vegetable dumplingsread more
A delcious summer salad grilled VBites chicken style pieces, roasted garlic and a tahini and French mustard dressing.read more
A spicy tomato soup with coriander, cumin and chilli. Topped with crispy tortilla pieces and melted Cheezlyread more
Tender VBites Chicken Style Pieces simmered in a rich, Asian miso broth with rice noodles chickpeas and crunchy beanshootsread more