Winter Beef-Style Stew
- (1 pack) VBites Beef style pieces
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 Red potatoes
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots
- 6-8 Chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp VBites gravy powder
- 1 tbsp of vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs of sage
- Black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan and saute the onions.
- Add the carrots, potato and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Then crisp the potatoes in the pan separately.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes Adding the sprigs of sage whole, without removing any leaves.
- Dry fry the VBites Beef style pieces searing them on a high heat, carefully sealing each side. Set to one side.
- Slice the chestnut mushrooms and fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Parboil the potatoes and steam the carrots until cooked through, remove the sprigs of sage and mix in the beef style pieces and mushrooms.
- In a cup mix the gravy powder with a dash of cold water to make a paste and stir into the stew. Bring to the boil again stirring constantly to prevent lumps and thicken the stew.
We love to see how creative people get with our #VBites food. Bethany's Vegan Kitchen made this creative nachos pizza using our VBites ham pieces. Bethany said: Why choose between pizza and nachos when you can have both! Sort of. Really easy and quick to whip up, this...read more
Ingredients Filling: 250 ml vegetable stock 3 packs chicken style pieces 75g/3oz vegan margarine • 2 leeks trimmed and cut into slices • 2 garlic cloves crushed • 50g/2oz plain flour • 200ml/7fl oz diary free milk • 2–3 tbs white wine (optional) • 150ml/3fl oz soya...read more
Instructions • 300g VBites Duck Pieces • 2 teaspoons garlic powder • 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper • 1 teaspoon onion powder• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper...read more
Ingredients ▪ 300g vBites chicken ▪ for marinade ▪ 1/2cup yogurt I used alpro coconut ▪ 2 tbsp ginger paste ▪ 2 tbsp garlic paste ▪ 1/2 tsp white pepper powder ▪ 1/2 tsp cumin powder ▪ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ▪ 4 tbsp lemon juice ▪ salt, to...read more
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more