Winter Beef-Style Stew
- (1 pack) VBites Beef style pieces
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 Red potatoes
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots
- 6-8 Chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp VBites gravy powder
- 1 tbsp of vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs of sage
- Black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan and saute the onions.
- Add the carrots, potato and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Then crisp the potatoes in the pan separately.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes Adding the sprigs of sage whole, without removing any leaves.
- Dry fry the VBites Beef style pieces searing them on a high heat, carefully sealing each side. Set to one side.
- Slice the chestnut mushrooms and fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Parboil the potatoes and steam the carrots until cooked through, remove the sprigs of sage and mix in the beef style pieces and mushrooms.
- In a cup mix the gravy powder with a dash of cold water to make a paste and stir into the stew. Bring to the boil again stirring constantly to prevent lumps and thicken the stew.
Meat-free mince cooked into a rich sauce with tomatoes and red wine and stirred into spaghetti before serving.read more
Roasted aubergine and beefstake tomato layered with mozzarella style Cheezly. Served on a bed of red sauce and topped with homemade pesto.read more
Chunks of meat-free turkey and gammon cooked with creamed leeks, flavoured with tarragon and topped with golden puffed pastry. A great for using up the Sunday roast leftovers.read more
A quick and easy recipe with delicious tuna style pate mixed with mayo, cucumber, and onion served with fluffy baked potatoes.read more
Creamy cheese style macaroni with roasted broccoli florets.read more
A delicious stir fry with seared VBites Pork Style Pieces, vegetables, and noodles. All cooked in a sweet ginger sauce.read more