Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger SauceDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Meat-free Schnitzels with a delicious jaeger sauce made with woodland mushroom, chopped VBites Streaky Style Rashers and simmered in oat cream for a rich and earthy flavour.
Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger Sauce
- One pack of VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels
- Three large flat champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 large white onion
- 5 VBites Cheatin’ Streaky Style Rasher slices, diced
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of margarine (Vitalite)
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free single cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 60ml white wine
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Marigold Vegan Swiss Vegetable bouillon powder
- Preheat oven to 220°C/
425°F Gas Mark 7
- Place Schnitzels on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until golden brown
- In a medium pan sauté the chopped onion with 1tsp of oil
- Add the sliced champignons with 2 tbsp of margarine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with the vegetable bouillon powder, yeast flakes and paprika. Allow to cook for approximately minute stirring regularly.
- Add the white wine, cream and black pepper stirring continuously as you bring it the pan to boil.
- Once the sauce thickens remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining sunflower oil and lightly fry the VBites Streaky Style Rasher pieces.
- Mix into the sauce and serve immediately.This sauce is an ideal companion to VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels.
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juiceread more
Meat-free mince cooked into a rich sauce with tomatoes and red wine and stirred into spaghetti before serving.read more
A quick and easy panini recipe, packed with melted VBites Red Cheddar Style Cheezly and spicy Pepperoni Style Slices.read more
Roasted aubergine and beefstake tomato layered with mozzarella style Cheezly. Served on a bed of red sauce and topped with homemade pesto.read more
Meat-free beef pieces cooked with potatoes, carrots, and onions in a warm and hearty winter stewread more
Chunks of meat-free turkey and gammon cooked with creamed leeks, flavoured with tarragon and topped with golden puffed pastry. A great for using up the Sunday roast leftovers.read more