Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger SauceDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Meat-free Schnitzels with a delicious jaeger sauce made with woodland mushroom, chopped VBites Streaky Style Rashers and simmered in oat cream for a rich and earthy flavour.
Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger Sauce
- One pack of VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels
- Three large flat champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 large white onion
- 5 VBites Cheatin’ Streaky Style Rasher slices, diced
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of margarine (Vitalite)
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free single cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 60ml white wine
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Marigold Vegan Swiss Vegetable bouillon powder
- Preheat oven to 220°C/
425°F Gas Mark 7
- Place Schnitzels on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until golden brown
- In a medium pan sauté the chopped onion with 1tsp of oil
- Add the sliced champignons with 2 tbsp of margarine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with the vegetable bouillon powder, yeast flakes and paprika. Allow to cook for approximately minute stirring regularly.
- Add the white wine, cream and black pepper stirring continuously as you bring it the pan to boil.
- Once the sauce thickens remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining sunflower oil and lightly fry the VBites Streaky Style Rasher pieces.
- Mix into the sauce and serve immediately.This sauce is an ideal companion to VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels.
A deliciously creamy coconut curry with ground almonds an VBites Chicken Style Piecesread more
A delcious summer salad grilled VBites chicken style pieces, roasted garlic and a tahini and French mustard dressing.read more
A spicy tomato soup with coriander, cumin and chilli. Topped with crispy tortilla pieces and melted Cheezlyread more
A plant-based take on a curry house classic. VBites Chicken Style Pieces cooked in a rich tomato and coconut cream sauce with subtle spicesread more
Tender VBites Chicken Style Pieces simmered in a rich, Asian miso broth with rice noodles chickpeas and crunchy beanshootsread more
A rich, heart soup with creamy blended chickpeas and spicy VBites Meat-Free Chorizo Style Chunksread more