Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger SauceDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Meat-free Schnitzels with a delicious jaeger sauce made with woodland mushroom, chopped VBites Streaky Style Rashers and simmered in oat cream for a rich and earthy flavour.
Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger Sauce
- One pack of VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels
- Three large flat champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 large white onion
- 5 VBites Cheatin’ Streaky Style Rasher slices, diced
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of margarine (Vitalite)
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free single cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 60ml white wine
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Marigold Vegan Swiss Vegetable bouillon powder
- Preheat oven to 220°C/
425°F Gas Mark 7
- Place Schnitzels on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until golden brown
- In a medium pan sauté the chopped onion with 1tsp of oil
- Add the sliced champignons with 2 tbsp of margarine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with the vegetable bouillon powder, yeast flakes and paprika. Allow to cook for approximately minute stirring regularly.
- Add the white wine, cream and black pepper stirring continuously as you bring it the pan to boil.
- Once the sauce thickens remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining sunflower oil and lightly fry the VBites Streaky Style Rasher pieces.
- Mix into the sauce and serve immediately.This sauce is an ideal companion to VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels.
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.read more
A hearty winter stew packed leeks and chicken style pieces and served with hand made cheezy vegetable dumplingsread more
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.read more
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.read more