Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger SauceDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Meat-free Schnitzels with a delicious jaeger sauce made with woodland mushroom, chopped VBites Streaky Style Rashers and simmered in oat cream for a rich and earthy flavour.
Meat-Free Schnitzel with Jaeger Sauce
- One pack of VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels
- Three large flat champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 large white onion
- 5 VBites Cheatin’ Streaky Style Rasher slices, diced
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of margarine (Vitalite)
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free single cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 60ml white wine
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Marigold Vegan Swiss Vegetable bouillon powder
- Preheat oven to 220°C/
425°F Gas Mark 7
- Place Schnitzels on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes until golden brown
- In a medium pan sauté the chopped onion with 1tsp of oil
- Add the sliced champignons with 2 tbsp of margarine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with the vegetable bouillon powder, yeast flakes and paprika. Allow to cook for approximately minute stirring regularly.
- Add the white wine, cream and black pepper stirring continuously as you bring it the pan to boil.
- Once the sauce thickens remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining sunflower oil and lightly fry the VBites Streaky Style Rasher pieces.
- Mix into the sauce and serve immediately.This sauce is an ideal companion to VBites Meat-Free Schnitzels.
We love to see how creative people get with our #VBites food. Bethany's Vegan Kitchen made this creative nachos pizza using our VBites ham pieces. Bethany said: Why choose between pizza and nachos when you can have both! Sort of. Really easy and quick to whip up, this...
Ingredients Filling: 250 ml vegetable stock 3 packs chicken style pieces 75g/3oz vegan margarine • 2 leeks trimmed and cut into slices • 2 garlic cloves crushed • 50g/2oz plain flour • 200ml/7fl oz diary free milk • 2–3 tbs white wine (optional) • 150ml/3fl oz soya...
Ingredients • 50g VBites melting mozzarella cheese • 30g VBites melting red cheese • 200 g fine ground semolina flour or strong white bread flour • 1 level tablespoon fine sea salt • 2x7 g sachets of dried yeast • 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar • Tomato sauce • 1...
Instructions • 300g VBites Duck Pieces • 2 teaspoons garlic powder • 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper • 1 teaspoon onion powder• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper...
Ingredients ▪ 300g vBites chicken ▪ for marinade ▪ 1/2cup yogurt I used alpro coconut ▪ 2 tbsp ginger paste ▪ 2 tbsp garlic paste ▪ 1/2 tsp white pepper powder ▪ 1/2 tsp cumin powder ▪ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ▪ 4 tbsp lemon juice ▪ salt, to...
Ingredients • 150g VBites chorizo • 250g/9oz floury potatoes, peeled • 1 tsp plant based butter , plus extra for greasing • dash of soya milk • 190g Vbites Edam super melting (150g grated) • 1 tsp English mustard • 2 spring onions, finely chopped • 1tsp of smoked...