- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 400ml plant-based milk (such as oat, almond or soya)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp of vegetable oil, plus a little extra to cook the pancakes
- Toppings of your choice (we recommend VBites Maple Bacon Rashers or VBites Cheezly Beans Range)
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl. Slowly pour in the milk using a balloon whisk until you get a smooth, thick lump less batter.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat; once hot, carefully add 2 tbsp batter into the pan at a time to make small, round pancakes.
- Cook for around 3-4 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface and the cakes are lovely and firm. Have a sneak peek under the cake to inspect the goldenness. Once you are happy, do the pancake day flip and cook for a further 3 minutes until lovely and golden. Transfer to a hotplate to keep warm while repeating the remaining batter stock.
- Serve stacked on the plate. Enjoy with crispy rashers and, of course, a good spoon of our epic plant protein power cheezly beans and a good slug of vegan Worcester sauce.