- 8 VBites meat-free meatballs
- 80g VBites Mozzarella style Cheezly, grated
- 2 sub rolls
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 large roasted red pepper (Can either be home roasted or from a jar in brine)
- 200g of chopped tomatoes
- Chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the grill and place the VBites meat-free meatballs on a tray. Cook for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add the chopped shallot and garlic. Cook until golden brown.
- Finely chop the roasted red pepper and add to the frying pan with the chopped tomatoes and parsley. Season with salt if desired.
- Carefully stir in the meat-free meatballs and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Take a tablespoon of sauce from the frying pan and add to the bottom of each sub roll followed by 4 meatballs to each and the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated VBites Mozzarella style Cheezly and grill for 2-3 minutes until melted.