SERVES: 2-3 PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINS
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 diced red chillies
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 5 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup lime juice, around 2-3 limes
- Coarse sea salt or Bragg sauce
- Tortilla chips, crumbled (around 1 small packet)
- 1 pack VBites White Cheddar Style Cheezly, grated
- Chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- In a large pan, sauté onions and garlic in oil.
- Add chillies, cumin and oregano and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt making sure you get a light covering of salt over all the tomatoes as this releases their juice (Alternatively use Bragg sauce.)
- Cover, cook gently until tomatoes begin to release juices.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add stock and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve topped with tortilla chips.
- Grate cheezly over the tortilla chips and grill until melted.
- Garnish with coriander.