Vegan Pancakes with Maple Bacon Style RashersDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Vegan Pancakes with Maple Bacon Style Rashers
Making pancakes for pancake day has been a long-standing tradition for centuries, with recipes for one of the UK’s favourite dish found in books dating back as far as 1439 in preparation for Lent. This year don’t miss out on the ultimate food of indulgence and enjoy our decadent stacked pancakes covered in fried pieces of maple cured rashers and drizzled with sticky sweet maple syrup.
To learn how to make more mouth watering plant-based dishes, visit our recipes page! https://www.vbites.com/recipes/
- 130g of plain flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 240ml of soya milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of margarine (vitelite)
- 1 tbsp of cane sugar
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 slices of VBites meat-free maple cured rashers
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and oil and whisk through until smooth.
- Use the margarine to line the inside of a small non-stick frying pan
- Heat the pan to a medium heat and add the pancake mix. Flip once you start to see bubbles in the middle of the pancake.
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter, this recipe should make 6 medium thick pancakes.
- In a separate pan heat a little oil and fry 4 meat-free maple-cured rashers until crispy around the edges.
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juiceread more
A quick and easy panini recipe, packed with melted VBites Red Cheddar Style Cheezly and spicy Pepperoni Style Slices.read more
A quick and easy recipe with delicious tuna style pate mixed with mayo, cucumber, and onion served with fluffy baked potatoes.read more
Creamy cheese style macaroni with roasted broccoli florets.read more
A delicious stir fry with seared VBites Pork Style Pieces, vegetables, and noodles. All cooked in a sweet ginger sauce.read more
Meat-free meatballs in a rich roasted red pepper and tomato sauce topped with melting dairy free Cheezly.read more