250 ml vegetable stock
3 packs chicken style pieces
75g/3oz vegan margarine
• 2 leeks trimmed and cut into slices
• 2 garlic cloves crushed
• 50g/2oz plain flour
• 200ml/7fl oz diary free milk
• 2–3 tbs white wine (optional)
• 150ml/3fl oz soya cream
• 150g rashers diced
For the pastry : vegan just roll puff pastry
Teaspoon mustard mixed with dairy free milk for pie wash
- Mix vegetable stock cube with 16oz of boiling water & set aside
- Melt 25g/1oz of the vegan butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a low heat.
- Stir in the leeks and fry gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until just softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the remaining butter and stir in the flour as soon as the butter has melted. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour the diary free milk into the pan with leeks , just a little at a time, stirring well between each adding. Then Gradually add 250ml/10fl oz of the reserved stock and the wine, if using, stirring until the sauce is smooth and thickened slightly.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Season the mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Pour into a large bowl and cover the surface of the sauce with cling film & Set aside to cool.
- Pan seal chicken style pieces & add to sauce adding the chopped non cooked 150g rashers. Pour in your filling to desired oven dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put a baking tray in oven
Flour your surfaces & roll out pastry to required sizes
- Roll the pastry on rolling pin & slide over to Cover the pie
- filling with the pastry lid pressing the edges together firmly to
- seal. Trim any excess pastry.
- Make a small hole in the centre of the pie with the tip of a knife.
- In a small bowl whisk the mustard & milk & Glaze the top of the pie with dairy free milk and teaspoon mustard
- Bake on the preheated tray in the centre of the oven for 35–40
- minutes, or until the pie is golden-brown all over and the filling
- is piping hot.