Cajun Chicken-Style QuinoaDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Chicken style pieces seasoned with cajun spices and cooked with peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and stirred into quinoa for a protein-packed meal.
Cajun Chicken-Style Quinoa
- (1 pack) VBites Chicken style pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g quinoa
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 80g spinach
- 1tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and add to a medium pan with the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- In a small wok or frying pan heat the olive oil and add chicken pieces. Fry until golden brown and add onion, pepper and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Mix in Cajun seasoning and add the quinoa and spinach.
- Stir through for 1-2 minutes for the spinach to wilt and serve immediately with a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- Great with Coleslaw and salad!