- 1 pint of Vegetable stock
- 1 packet of Vbites soya mince
- 1 cup of vegan gravy
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, pepper
- 1 pack of Vbites cheddar style melting cheezly
- 1 ½ -2 lbs/1kg potatoes (3 big ones)
- 8 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 tbsp soya milk
- 3 tbsp soya cream
- 1 white onion chopped
- 8oz/200g vegetables – chopped into small chunks, such as carrots, corn, peas
1. Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in water until tender (about 10 minutes).
2. Drain and mash the potatoes adding a chunk of butter, mustard, soya milk & cream to desired consistency. Add salt to taste.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large frying pan.
4. Sauté onions in butter over a medium heat until translucent. If you are adding vegetables, add them according to cooking
time. Put any carrots in with the onions. Add corn or peas either at the end of the cooking of the onions, or after the mince has
5. Add pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add the vegetable stock slowly, stirring continuously & then add the soya mince.
6. Then add the vegan gravy to thicken. Wait for the mixture to become a nice texture & simmer for 5 minutes. Make sure the
vegetables are cooked before transferring to a dish.
7. Place the mixture into a deep bottom baking dish.
8. Distribute mashed potatoes on top. Rough the potato with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. You can use the
fork to make some designs in the potatoes as well.
9. Cook in 220°C/400°F/gas mark 4 oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes).
10. For the last 5 minutes of cooking add the melting cheddar style cheese & grill until really crispy.
11. Remove from oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.1. Cook the VBites rashers in coconut oil with the onion until brown on all sides. (Just cook the rashers for 1 min for soft texture or a little longer if you like a crispy texture)
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.read more
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.read more
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.read more
A deliciously creamy coconut curry with ground almonds an VBites Chicken Style Piecesread more
A plant-based take on a curry house classic. VBites Chicken Style Pieces cooked in a rich tomato and coconut cream sauce with subtle spicesread more
Tender VBites Chicken Style Pieces simmered in a rich, Asian miso broth with rice noodles chickpeas and crunchy beanshootsread more