For 4 people
• 1 tbs of smoked paprika
• generous pinch of salt
• 1 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tsp ground cumin (cumin powder)
• 1 tsp mild chilli powder
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1cups apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 2 tablespoons mustard
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Place all dry ingredients for rub in a sandwich bag & add Vbites
meat free pork pieces, seal bag & shake and set aside in fridge for at
least 1hour or night day before.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce in a saucepan and simmer while
stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Once pork pieces have marinated for an hour,
Finely chop VBites pork pieces into strips or shred in a mixer.
- Then pan fry the VBites pork pieces in a hot pan in a small amount of
oil, coconut or you can use sesame for extra flavour. This is to seal in the flavour of spices & meat free pieces.
- Remove the sauce from heat and pour over meat free pork pieces &
- Make a vegan slaw and recommend to serve in a vegan brioche with