Serves: 2 Preparation time: 30-35 mins
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 Beefsteak tomatoes
- 100g VBites Mozzarella style Cheezly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- One tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of pine nuts
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the Aubergine into thick 1.5-2cm slices
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes before squeezing out the water.
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the aubergine slices on a low heat until tender.
- Remove from heat and dab with kitchen roll to absorb excess oil
- Slice the beefsteak tomatoes into pieces of the same thickness
- Start building the two parmigiana by placing a layer of aubergine sprinkled with Cheezly, followed by a layer of tomato and Cheezly. Repeat until all the slices are used.
- Once the red sauce is prepared, place the parmigiana in the oven at 180c for 5 minutes until the Cheezly has melted.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan
- Add the red onion and sauté until soft, stir in the garlic and cook for another minute
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir into the onions and garlic
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes and simmer on a low heat.
- Add the sugar and cook for a further 5 minutes to reduce.
- Add the fresh basil leaves, oil, and salt into a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Roughly chop pine nuts and mix into the pesto.
- Place the parmigiana into a shallow bowl
- Pour the red sauce around the edges
- Sprinkle with pesto and fresh basil leaves (Optional)
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.