Meat-Free Turkey, Ham and Leek PieDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Meat-Free Turkey, Ham and Leek Pie
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Turkey’ Roast (390g), cubed
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Gammon’ Roast (390g), cubed
- 3 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp of margarine
- 3 trimmed leeks, diced
- 200g of button mushrooms, diced
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 2 tbsp of chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 225g of vegan puff pastry (Jus-Rol)
- 2 tbsp of soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and lightly fry the cubed turkey and gammon style pieces until sealed on each side.
- In a large saucepan melt the margarine and add the leeks and mushrooms, cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Sprinkle the plain flour over the mix and stir through. Add the vegetable stock and yeast flakes and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has started to thicken add the turkey and gammon style pieces and stir through.
- Lastly add the tarragon, dairy-free cream and black pepper. Season to taste with salt if needed.
- Pour pie filling into a pie dish. Roll out the puff pastry and cover the top. Brush with a little soya milk and bake for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is fully risen and golden brown.
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juiceread more
Meat-free mince cooked into a rich sauce with tomatoes and red wine and stirred into spaghetti before serving.read more
A quick and easy panini recipe, packed with melted VBites Red Cheddar Style Cheezly and spicy Pepperoni Style Slices.read more
Roasted aubergine and beefstake tomato layered with mozzarella style Cheezly. Served on a bed of red sauce and topped with homemade pesto.read more
Meat-free beef pieces cooked with potatoes, carrots, and onions in a warm and hearty winter stewread more
A quick and easy recipe with delicious tuna style pate mixed with mayo, cucumber, and onion served with fluffy baked potatoes.read more