Meat-Free Turkey, Ham and Leek PieDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Meat-Free Turkey, Ham and Leek Pie
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Turkey’ Roast (390g), cubed
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Gammon’ Roast (390g), cubed
- 3 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp of margarine
- 3 trimmed leeks, diced
- 200g of button mushrooms, diced
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 2 tbsp of chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 225g of vegan puff pastry (Jus-Rol)
- 2 tbsp of soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and lightly fry the cubed turkey and gammon style pieces until sealed on each side.
- In a large saucepan melt the margarine and add the leeks and mushrooms, cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Sprinkle the plain flour over the mix and stir through. Add the vegetable stock and yeast flakes and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has started to thicken add the turkey and gammon style pieces and stir through.
- Lastly add the tarragon, dairy-free cream and black pepper. Season to taste with salt if needed.
- Pour pie filling into a pie dish. Roll out the puff pastry and cover the top. Brush with a little soya milk and bake for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is fully risen and golden brown.
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.read more
A hearty winter stew packed leeks and chicken style pieces and served with hand made cheezy vegetable dumplingsread more
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.read more
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.read more