Meat-Free Turkey, Ham and Leek PieDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Meat-Free Turkey, Ham and Leek Pie
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Turkey’ Roast (390g), cubed
- One VBites Meat-free ‘Gammon’ Roast (390g), cubed
- 3 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp of margarine
- 3 trimmed leeks, diced
- 200g of button mushrooms, diced
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of plain flour
- 250ml dairy-free cream (Oatly or Provamel)
- 2 tbsp of chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 225g of vegan puff pastry (Jus-Rol)
- 2 tbsp of soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and lightly fry the cubed turkey and gammon style pieces until sealed on each side.
- In a large saucepan melt the margarine and add the leeks and mushrooms, cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Sprinkle the plain flour over the mix and stir through. Add the vegetable stock and yeast flakes and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has started to thicken add the turkey and gammon style pieces and stir through.
- Lastly add the tarragon, dairy-free cream and black pepper. Season to taste with salt if needed.
- Pour pie filling into a pie dish. Roll out the puff pastry and cover the top. Brush with a little soya milk and bake for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is fully risen and golden brown.
We love to see how creative people get with our #VBites food. Bethany's Vegan Kitchen made this creative nachos pizza using our VBites ham pieces. Bethany said: Why choose between pizza and nachos when you can have both! Sort of. Really easy and quick to whip up, this...read more
Ingredients Filling: 250 ml vegetable stock 3 packs chicken style pieces 75g/3oz vegan margarine • 2 leeks trimmed and cut into slices • 2 garlic cloves crushed • 50g/2oz plain flour • 200ml/7fl oz diary free milk • 2–3 tbs white wine (optional) • 150ml/3fl oz soya...read more
Ingredients • 50g VBites melting mozzarella cheese • 30g VBites melting red cheese • 200 g fine ground semolina flour or strong white bread flour • 1 level tablespoon fine sea salt • 2x7 g sachets of dried yeast • 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar • Tomato sauce • 1...read more
Instructions • 300g VBites Duck Pieces • 2 teaspoons garlic powder • 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper • 1 teaspoon onion powder• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper...read more
Ingredients ▪ 300g vBites chicken ▪ for marinade ▪ 1/2cup yogurt I used alpro coconut ▪ 2 tbsp ginger paste ▪ 2 tbsp garlic paste ▪ 1/2 tsp white pepper powder ▪ 1/2 tsp cumin powder ▪ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ▪ 4 tbsp lemon juice ▪ salt, to...read more
Ingredients • 150g VBites chorizo • 250g/9oz floury potatoes, peeled • 1 tsp plant based butter , plus extra for greasing • dash of soya milk • 190g Vbites Edam super melting (150g grated) • 1 tsp English mustard • 2 spring onions, finely chopped • 1tsp of smoked...read more