Meat-free RaguDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
- 2 packs of VBites Meat-free Mince
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 150ml red wine
- 1 level tbsp of vegetable bouillon stock
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- In a large pan heat the oil and add the onion. Sauté until the onions reach a golden-brown colour.
- Add the garlic and VBites meat-free mince and cook for a further 3-4 minutes to seal the mince and soften the garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable stock and wine and simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat to cook off the alcohol.
- Bring water to the boil in a large pan and cook the spaghetti following the packets instructions.
- Once cooked drain the spaghetti and mix into the ragu.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve with fresh basil leaves
A delicious stir fry with seared VBites Pork Style Pieces, vegetables, and noodles. All cooked in a sweet ginger sauce.read more
A hearty winter stew with butter beans and meat-free bacon wrapped sausages in a rich smoky tomato sauce.read more
Meat-free Schnitzels with a delicious jaeger sauce made with woodland mushroom, chopped VBites Streaky Style Rashers and simmered in oat cream for a rich and earthy flavour.read more
Hearty winter warming casserole made with the five C’s (Chicken Style Pieces, celery, corn, carrots and cider).read more
A quick easy spaghetti dish in a rich tomato sauce, infused with flavours of red wine, black olives and spicy chorizo.read more
Let your oven do the work with this quick and simple recipe for a sweet, spicy and savoury dish that’s full of colours and flavour.read more