Meat-free RaguDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
- 2 packs of VBites Meat-free Mince
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 150ml red wine
- 1 level tbsp of vegetable bouillon stock
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- In a large pan heat the oil and add the onion. Sauté until the onions reach a golden-brown colour.
- Add the garlic and VBites meat-free mince and cook for a further 3-4 minutes to seal the mince and soften the garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable stock and wine and simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat to cook off the alcohol.
- Bring water to the boil in a large pan and cook the spaghetti following the packets instructions.
- Once cooked drain the spaghetti and mix into the ragu.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve with fresh basil leaves
We love to see how creative people get with our #VBites food. Bethany's Vegan Kitchen made this creative nachos pizza using our VBites ham pieces. Bethany said: Why choose between pizza and nachos when you can have both! Sort of. Really easy and quick to whip up, this...read more
Ingredients Filling: 250 ml vegetable stock 3 packs chicken style pieces 75g/3oz vegan margarine • 2 leeks trimmed and cut into slices • 2 garlic cloves crushed • 50g/2oz plain flour • 200ml/7fl oz diary free milk • 2–3 tbs white wine (optional) • 150ml/3fl oz soya...read more
Instructions • 300g VBites Duck Pieces • 2 teaspoons garlic powder • 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper • 1 teaspoon onion powder• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper...read more
Ingredients ▪ 300g vBites chicken ▪ for marinade ▪ 1/2cup yogurt I used alpro coconut ▪ 2 tbsp ginger paste ▪ 2 tbsp garlic paste ▪ 1/2 tsp white pepper powder ▪ 1/2 tsp cumin powder ▪ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ▪ 4 tbsp lemon juice ▪ salt, to...read more
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more