Meat-free RaguDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
- 2 packs of VBites Meat-free Mince
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 150ml red wine
- 1 level tbsp of vegetable bouillon stock
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- In a large pan heat the oil and add the onion. Sauté until the onions reach a golden-brown colour.
- Add the garlic and VBites meat-free mince and cook for a further 3-4 minutes to seal the mince and soften the garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable stock and wine and simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat to cook off the alcohol.
- Bring water to the boil in a large pan and cook the spaghetti following the packets instructions.
- Once cooked drain the spaghetti and mix into the ragu.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve with fresh basil leaves
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more
A hearty winter stew packed leeks and chicken style pieces and served with hand made cheezy vegetable dumplingsread more
Roasted aubergine and beefstake tomato layered with mozzarella style Cheezly. Served on a bed of red sauce and topped with homemade pesto.read more
Meat-free beef pieces cooked with potatoes, carrots, and onions in a warm and hearty winter stewread more
Chunks of meat-free turkey and gammon cooked with creamed leeks, flavoured with tarragon and topped with golden puffed pastry. A great for using up the Sunday roast leftovers.read more