Maple Rasher PancakesDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Maple Rasher Pancakes
- 130g of plain flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 240ml of soya milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of margarine (vitelite)
- 1 tbsp of cane sugar
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 slices of VBites meat-free maple cured rashers
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and oil and whisk through until smooth.
- Use the margarine to line the inside of a small non-stick frying pan
- Heat the pan to a medium heat and add the pancake mix. Flip once you start to see bubbles in the middle of the pancake.
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter, this recipe should make 6 medium thick pancakes.
- In a separate pan heat a little oil and fry 4 meat-free maple-cured rashers until crispy around the edges.
- Build a stack out of layers of pancakes and rashers before drizzling with a generous serving of maple syrup.
A quick easy spaghetti dish in a rich tomato sauce, infused with flavours of red wine, black olives and spicy chorizo.read more
Creamy stuffed mushrooms packed with spinach, garlic and full of earthy flavours.read more
Chicken style pieces seasoned with cajun spices and cooked with peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and stirred into quinoa for a protein-packed mealread more