Maple Rasher Pancakes
Serves: 2 Preparation time: 10-15 mins
- 130g of plain flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 240ml of soya milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of margarine (vitelite)
- 1 tbsp of cane sugar
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 4 slices of VBites rasher
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the milk and oil and whisk through until smooth.
3.Use the margarine to line the inside of a small non-stick frying pan
4. Heat the pan to a medium heat and add the pancake mix. Flip once you start to see bubbles in the middle of the pancake.
5. Repeat until you have used up all the batter, this recipe should make 6 medium thick pancakes.
6. In a separate pan heat a little oil and fry 4 meat-free maple-cured rashers until crispy around the edges.
7. Build a stack out of layers of pancakes and rashers before drizzling with a generous serving of maple syrup.
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beeph Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.
A hearty winter stew packed leeks and Chkn Pieces and served with hand made cheezy vegetable dumplings.
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.