Korean Fried Chicken-Style PiecesDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Korean Fried Chicken-Style Pieces
- One pack of VBites chicken style pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Gochujang hot pepper paste
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of vegan Worcestershire sauce (GranoVita)
- 2 tbsp Tonkatsu Sauce
- 40ml water
- Sliced ginger, chilli and spring onion to garnish
- In a small pan heat the sesame oil and add the minced garlic. Fry for 30-40 seconds on a medium heat.
- Add the pepper sauce, agave syrup, tonkatsu sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and water bring to the boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
- Deep fry the VBites chicken style pieces for 2 minutes until golden brown. If you do not have a deep fat fryer then the pieces can be pan fried, turned regularly to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Stir the fried chicken style pieces into the sauce and serve with sliced spring onion, ginger and chilli’s.
A great starter or delicious served with sticky jasmine rice.
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juiceread more
Spicy Jalapeño bites stuffed with melting mozzarella style Cheezly and wrapped in streaky style rashers.read more
Duck-style pieces in a sweet sticky hoisin sauce served on a bed of sesame noodles and shitake mushrooms. Topped with fresh crisp cucumber and spring onionread more
A classic Moroccan dish with a combination of sweet and savoury flavours.read more