Korean Fried Chicken-Style PiecesDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
Korean Fried Chicken-Style Pieces
- One pack of VBites chicken style pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Gochujang hot pepper paste
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of vegan Worcestershire sauce (GranoVita)
- 2 tbsp Tonkatsu Sauce
- 40ml water
- Sliced ginger, chilli and spring onion to garnish
- In a small pan heat the sesame oil and add the minced garlic. Fry for 30-40 seconds on a medium heat.
- Add the pepper sauce, agave syrup, tonkatsu sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and water bring to the boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
- Deep fry the VBites chicken style pieces for 2 minutes until golden brown. If you do not have a deep fat fryer then the pieces can be pan fried, turned regularly to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Stir the fried chicken style pieces into the sauce and serve with sliced spring onion, ginger and chilli’s.
A great starter or delicious served with sticky jasmine rice.
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.read more
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.read more
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.read more
A deliciously creamy coconut curry with ground almonds an VBites Chicken Style Piecesread more
A plant-based take on a curry house classic. VBites Chicken Style Pieces cooked in a rich tomato and coconut cream sauce with subtle spicesread more
Tender VBites Chicken Style Pieces simmered in a rich, Asian miso broth with rice noodles chickpeas and crunchy beanshootsread more