Hot Cheezy Tomato Soup
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 diced red chillies
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 5 chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup lime juice, around 2-3 limes
- Coarse sea salt or Bragg sauce
- Tortilla chips, crumbled (around 1
- 1 pack VBites White Cheddar Style Cheezly, grated
- Chopped fresh coriander
1. In a large pan, sauté onions and garlic in oil.
2. Add chillies, cumin and oregano and sauté for a few
3. Add tomatoes. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt making sure
you get a light covering of salt over all the tomatoes as
this releases their juice. (Alternatively use Bragg sauce.)
4. Cover, cook gently until tomatoes begin to release juices.
5. Stir occasionally.
6. Add stock and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
7. Add lime juice and salt to taste.
8. Serve topped with tortilla chips.
9. Grate cheezly over the tortilla chips and grill till melted.
10. Garnish with coriander.