Chorizo Style PuttanescaDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A quick easy spaghetti dish in a rich tomato sauce, infused with flavours of red wine, black olives and spicy chorizo.
Chorizo Style Puttanesca
- 190g (1 pack) VBites Chorizo style pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100g pitted black olives, halved
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ tsp flaked chilli’s
- ½ tsp vegetable stock powder
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 75ml red wine
- 200g spaghetti
- Fresh flat leaf parsley and ground black pepper (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and lightly fry until the onions have browned slightly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, capers, olives, vegetable stock, red wine and chilli flakes then allow the sauce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Half fill a sauce pan with boiling water, add the spaghetti and cook until soft.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, pan fry the chorizo style pieces until they start to brown on the outside.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked combine the sauce, chorizo pieces and pasta and mix well. Garnish with flat leaf parsley and cracked black pepper.
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.read more
A hearty winter stew packed leeks and chicken style pieces and served with hand made cheezy vegetable dumplingsread more
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.read more
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.read more