Chorizo Style PuttanescaDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A quick easy spaghetti dish in a rich tomato sauce, infused with flavours of red wine, black olives and spicy chorizo.
Chorizo Style Puttanesca
- 190g (1 pack) VBites Chorizo style pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100g pitted black olives, halved
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ tsp flaked chilli’s
- ½ tsp vegetable stock powder
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 75ml red wine
- 200g spaghetti
- Fresh flat leaf parsley and ground black pepper (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and lightly fry until the onions have browned slightly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, capers, olives, vegetable stock, red wine and chilli flakes then allow the sauce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Half fill a sauce pan with boiling water, add the spaghetti and cook until soft.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, pan fry the chorizo style pieces until they start to brown on the outside.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked combine the sauce, chorizo pieces and pasta and mix well. Garnish with flat leaf parsley and cracked black pepper.
We love to see how creative people get with our #VBites food. Bethany's Vegan Kitchen made this creative nachos pizza using our VBites ham pieces. Bethany said: Why choose between pizza and nachos when you can have both! Sort of. Really easy and quick to whip up, this...read more
Ingredients Filling: 250 ml vegetable stock 3 packs chicken style pieces 75g/3oz vegan margarine • 2 leeks trimmed and cut into slices • 2 garlic cloves crushed • 50g/2oz plain flour • 200ml/7fl oz diary free milk • 2–3 tbs white wine (optional) • 150ml/3fl oz soya...read more
Instructions • 300g VBites Duck Pieces • 2 teaspoons garlic powder • 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper • 1 teaspoon onion powder• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper...read more
Ingredients ▪ 300g vBites chicken ▪ for marinade ▪ 1/2cup yogurt I used alpro coconut ▪ 2 tbsp ginger paste ▪ 2 tbsp garlic paste ▪ 1/2 tsp white pepper powder ▪ 1/2 tsp cumin powder ▪ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ▪ 4 tbsp lemon juice ▪ salt, to...read more
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more