Serves: 4 Preparation time: 40 mins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger (grated)
- 8 – 10 cardamom pods (crushed)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (cilantro)
- ¼ cup creamed coconut (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups water
- Generous cup of ground almonds
- ½ -1 can coconut milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packets of VBites Chkn Pieces
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion, cover and fry over a gentle heat until translucent, then add the garlic.
3. Add the ginger and cardamom to the pan with the turmeric, cumin and ground coriander.
4. Stir and leave to cook gently for 1 minute – take care not to burn the spices.
5. Add the creamed coconut to the pan with the water and bring to the boil.
6. Stir, then leave to melt completely.
7. Add the ground almonds to the pan and cook for a moment or two.
8. Add the half can of coconut milk, maybe more if needed to make it a good consistency.
9. Leave as is or purée the mixture in a food processor or blender.
10. Add the VBites ChknPieces to the sauce & heat through.
11. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
12. Serve on a bed of rice
A rich, heart soup with creamy blended chickpeas and spicy VBites Meat-Free Vorizo Cubes.
A spicy tomato soup with coriander, cumin and chilli. Topped with crispy tortilla pieces and melted Cheezly.
A delicious summer salad grilled VBites Chkn Pieces, roasted garlic and a tahini and French mustard dressing.