Chkn Green Curry
Serves: 2-4 Preparation time: 20 mins
- Green curry paste:
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp sliced galangal
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) root
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 green Thai chilli peppers
- 10 green jalapeño peppers
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- ¼ teaspoon minced lime peel/skin
- 6 baby sweetcorns, halved
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 packet of VBites Chicken Style Pieces
- 60ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp maple/agave syrup, or brown sugar if syrup not available.
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup sweet basil leaves
1. Place all the green curry paste ingredients in an electric blender and process until the mixture is smooth, or pound in a pestle and mortar.
2. Pour the coconut milk and the green curry paste into a large saucepan. Heat to boiling and add the vegetable stock and maple/agave syrup. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms & baby sweetcorn and reheat to boiling, then simmer for 2 minutes. Add the coconut cream and stir to combine. Add the kaffir lime leaves and basil leaves.
3. Add the Chkn pieces and warm through the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Pour into a serving bowl, garnish with the red pepper and serve.
Fluffy American style egg-free and dairy free pancakes topped with VBites Maple-Cured Rashers and laden with sweet sticky maple syrup.
Tender VBites Chkn Pieces simmered in a rich, Asian miso broth with rice noodles chickpeas and crunchy beanshoots.
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juice.