Chickpea and Vorizo Soup
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 60 mins
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pack of VBites Vorizo Cubes
- 1 onion (peeled/finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled/finely chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (finely chopped)
- 500g fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 tin of good quality cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1.3 litres vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pan, fry the chopped onion, garlic and celery in coconut oil on a low heat until softened.
2. Add washed spinach, tomatoes, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for around 45 minutes.
3. Blend half of the mixture, then add back to pan.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
5. Add the Vorizo Cubes, salt and pepper and warm through.
6. Serve hot.
A spicy tomato soup with coriander, cumin and chilli. Topped with crispy tortilla pieces and melted Cheezly.
A delicious summer salad grilled VBites Chkn Pieces, roasted garlic and a tahini and French mustard dressing.
A deliciously creamy coconut curry with ground almonds and VBites Chkn Pieces