Chickpea and Vorizo Soup
Serves: 4 Preparation time: 60 mins
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pack of VBites Vorizo Cubes
- 1 onion (peeled/finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled/finely chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (finely chopped)
- 500g fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 tin of good quality cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1.3 litres vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pan, fry the chopped onion, garlic and celery in coconut oil on a low heat until softened.
2. Add washed spinach, tomatoes, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for around 45 minutes.
3. Blend half of the mixture, then add back to pan.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
5. Add the Vorizo Cubes, salt and pepper and warm through.
6. Serve hot.
Fluffy American style egg-free and dairy free pancakes topped with VBites Maple-Cured Rashers and laden with sweet sticky maple syrup.
Tender VBites Chkn Pieces simmered in a rich, Asian miso broth with rice noodles chickpeas and crunchy beanshoots.
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juice.