▪ 300g vBites chicken
▪ for marinade
▪ 1/2cup yogurt I used alpro coconut
▪ 2 tbsp ginger paste
▪ 2 tbsp garlic paste
▪ 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
▪ 1/2 tsp cumin powder
▪ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
▪ 4 tbsp lemon juice
▪ salt, to taste
▪ 5 tbsp oil
▪ 1/2 tsp garam masala
▪ 1/2 tsp coriander powder
▪ 1 green or red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
milk wash /glaze
▪ Pinch tumeric & 1oz plant based milk.
▪ Black cracked pepper
- Whisk yoghurt in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in the Vbites chicken pieces, bell peppers and keep aside for ideally 1-2
hours or even better overnight
When Ready to Make the pasties:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll pastry out to be able to cut 4 to 5 7inch circles 1/4-inch thick
- On one half of each circle place equal amounts of marinated mix ( no pre
cooking is required )
- filling mixture with even amounts of chicken pieces and sauce.
- Carefully lift and fold pastry over filling (half circle); moisten edges of pastry with water & pastry brush. Crimp VERY firmly with a fork (fold them and crimp again — so none of the liquid seeps out)
- Transfer each pasty to a large baking sheet (I used two).
- With milk or water and bring up sides to meet over the filling.
- Brush with tumric & milk mix and repeat with all remaining pasties
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is cooked and golden brown