Chicken Style Green Curry with Mushrooms & Baby Sweetcorn
Serves: 2-4 Preparation time: 20 mins
- Green curry paste:
- 2 stalks lemongrass, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp sliced galangal
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) root
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 green Thai chilli peppers
- 10 green jalapeño peppers
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- ¼ teaspoon minced lime peel/skinVegetable Dumplings
- 6 baby sweetcorns, halved
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 packet of VBites Chicken Style Pieces
- 60ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp maple/agave syrup, or brown sugar if syrup not available.
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup sweet basil leaves
2. Pour the coconut milk and the green curry paste into a large saucepan. Heat to boiling and add the vegetable stock and maple/agave syrup. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms & baby sweetcorn and reheat to boiling, then simmer for 2 minutes. Add the coconut cream and stir to combine. Add the kaffir lime leaves and basil leaves.
3. Add the chicken style pieces and warm through the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Pour into a serving bowl, garnish with the red pepper and serve.
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.
A deliciously creamy coconut curry with ground almonds an VBites Chicken Style Pieces