Chicken Style Apricot TagineDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A classic Moroccan dish with a combination of sweet and savoury flavours.
Chicken Style Apricot Tagine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g VBites Chicken style pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 fresh apricots
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- Handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp of flaked almonds
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the onion until they start to brown.
- Add the VBites chicken style pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes turning regularly.
- Mix in the ground spices, garlic, and flour and cook for 1 minute before adding the vegetable stock.
- Stir regularly until the sauce starts to thicken and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the stones from the apricots and roughly chop.
- Add to the pan with the chopped coriander and lime juice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a small frying pan dry toast the flaked almonds as a garnish.
- Serve with couscous and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
A quick easy spaghetti dish in a rich tomato sauce, infused with flavours of red wine, black olives and spicy chorizo.read more
Creamy stuffed mushrooms packed with spinach, garlic and full of earthy flavours.read more
Chicken style pieces seasoned with cajun spices and cooked with peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and stirred into quinoa for a protein-packed mealread more