Chicken Style Apricot TagineDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A classic Moroccan dish with a combination of sweet and savoury flavours.
Chicken Style Apricot Tagine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g VBites Chicken style pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 fresh apricots
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- Handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp of flaked almonds
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the onion until they start to brown.
- Add the VBites chicken style pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes turning regularly.
- Mix in the ground spices, garlic, and flour and cook for 1 minute before adding the vegetable stock.
- Stir regularly until the sauce starts to thicken and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the stones from the apricots and roughly chop.
- Add to the pan with the chopped coriander and lime juice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a small frying pan dry toast the flaked almonds as a garnish.
- Serve with couscous and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
A rich, heart soup with creamy blended chickpeas and spicy VBites Meat-Free Chorizo Style Chunks
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juice
A quick and easy panini recipe, packed with melted VBites Red Cheddar Style Cheezly and spicy Pepperoni Style Slices.
A quick and easy recipe with delicious tuna style pate mixed with mayo, cucumber, and onion served with fluffy baked potatoes.
Creamy cheese style macaroni with roasted broccoli florets.
A delicious stir fry with seared VBites Pork Style Pieces, vegetables, and noodles. All cooked in a sweet ginger sauce.