A quick easy spaghetti dish in a rich tomato sauce, infused with flavours of red wine, black olives and spicy chorizo.read more
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger (grated)
- 8 – 10 cardamom pods (crushed)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (cilantro)
- ¼ cup creamed coconut (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups water
- Generous cup of ground almonds
- ½ -1 can coconut milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packets of VBites Chicken Style Pieces
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion, cover and fry over a gentle heat until translucent, then add the garlic.
3. Add the ginger and cardamom to the pan with the turmeric, cumin and ground coriander.
4. Stir and leave to cook gently for 1 minute – take care not to burn the spices.
5. Add the creamed coconut to the pan with the water and bring to the boil.
6. Stir, then leave to melt completely.
7. Add the ground almonds to the pan and cook for a moment or two.
8. Add the half can of coconut milk, maybe more if needed to make it a good consistency.
9. Leave as is or purée the mixture in a food processor or blender.
10. Add the VBites Chicken Style Pieces to the sauce & heat through.
11. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
12. Serve on a bed of rice
Creamy stuffed mushrooms packed with spinach, garlic and full of earthy flavours.read more
Chicken style pieces seasoned with cajun spices and cooked with peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and stirred into quinoa for a protein-packed mealread more