Carbonara Style Spaghetti
Serves: 2 Preparation time: 20 mins
- One pack of VBites bacon style rashers
- 1 red or white onion, chopped
- 200g dried spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 6 fl oz/360 ml soya milk
- 35g/1.5 oz VBites Cheddar Style Cheezly
- 4 tbsp soya cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
1. Cook the VBites rashers in coconut oil with the onion until brown on all sides. (Just cook the rashers for 1 min for soft texture or a little longer if you like a crispy texture)
2. Prepare a pan of boiling water and season with salt. Place the pasta into a pan and push it down with a wooden spoon so that all the spaghetti is submerged under the water. Add olive oil and cook for roughly 7-10 minutes.
3. Beat soya milk, cream and grated Cheddar Style Cheezly in a bowl.
4. When the pasta is cooked, transfer it into a colander.
5. Once the pasta is thoroughly drained, quickly place it back into the pan and add the bacon and stir well to coat the pasta. Then add the soya milk and cheese mixture. Heat through very slowly & serve.
6. Top with extra cheese if desired.
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.