Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage CasseroleDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A hearty winter stew with butter beans and meat-free bacon wrapped sausages in a rich smoky tomato sauce.
Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage Casserole
- 275 (1 pack) VBites Meat-free sausage and bacon style wraps
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400 tin of butter beans, drained
- 400 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and lightly fry until the onions have browned.
- Add the butter beans, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Add mixed herbs, black pepper, yeast flakes and paprika then simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Oil a casserole dish a place the VBites rasher-wrapped sausages along the bottom.
- Pour the casserole sauce over the sausages and bake for 30 minutes.
Meat-free mince tacos, topped with spicy salsa, fresh avocado guacamole, chopped coriander and lime juiceread more
Meat-free mince cooked into a rich sauce with tomatoes and red wine and stirred into spaghetti before serving.read more
A quick and easy panini recipe, packed with melted VBites Red Cheddar Style Cheezly and spicy Pepperoni Style Slices.read more
Roasted aubergine and beefstake tomato layered with mozzarella style Cheezly. Served on a bed of red sauce and topped with homemade pesto.read more
Meat-free beef pieces cooked with potatoes, carrots, and onions in a warm and hearty winter stewread more
Chunks of meat-free turkey and gammon cooked with creamed leeks, flavoured with tarragon and topped with golden puffed pastry. A great for using up the Sunday roast leftovers.read more