Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage CasseroleDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A hearty winter stew with butter beans and meat-free bacon wrapped sausages in a rich smoky tomato sauce.
Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage Casserole
- 275 (1 pack) VBites Meat-free sausage and bacon style wraps
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400 tin of butter beans, drained
- 400 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and lightly fry until the onions have browned.
- Add the butter beans, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Add mixed herbs, black pepper, yeast flakes and paprika then simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Oil a casserole dish a place the VBites rasher-wrapped sausages along the bottom.
- Pour the casserole sauce over the sausages and bake for 30 minutes.
A deliciously creamy coconut curry with ground almonds an VBites Chicken Style Piecesread more
A delcious summer salad grilled VBites chicken style pieces, roasted garlic and a tahini and French mustard dressing.read more
A spicy tomato soup with coriander, cumin and chilli. Topped with crispy tortilla pieces and melted Cheezlyread more
A plant-based take on a curry house classic. VBites Chicken Style Pieces cooked in a rich tomato and coconut cream sauce with subtle spicesread more
Tender VBites Chicken Style Pieces simmered in a rich, Asian miso broth with rice noodles chickpeas and crunchy beanshootsread more
A rich, heart soup with creamy blended chickpeas and spicy VBites Meat-Free Chorizo Style Chunksread more