Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage CasseroleDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A hearty winter stew with butter beans and meat-free bacon wrapped sausages in a rich smoky tomato sauce.
Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage Casserole
- 275 (1 pack) VBites Meat-free sausage and bacon style wraps
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400 tin of butter beans, drained
- 400 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and lightly fry until the onions have browned.
- Add the butter beans, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Add mixed herbs, black pepper, yeast flakes and paprika then simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Oil a casserole dish a place the VBites rasher-wrapped sausages along the bottom.
- Pour the casserole sauce over the sausages and bake for 30 minutes.
The Shepherd’s pie, a timeless classic whatever the weather. Meat-free mince simmered with garden vegetables in gravy and topped with creamed potato, crisped to perfection.read more
Carbonara style spaghetti with VBites rasher slices and creamy melted cheezlyread more
A classic coconut cream curry infused with rich flavours of lemongrass and Thai basil.read more
A hearty winter stew packed leeks and chicken style pieces and served with hand made cheezy vegetable dumplingsread more
A plant-based take on the classic French Ragout. VBites Beef Style Pieces stewed with vegetables and spices in a rich tomato sauce.read more
A sweet and savoury stir-fry made with bok choy, mustard greens and VBites Beef Style Pieces.read more