Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage CasseroleDelicious recipes from The Pioneers of Plant-Based Food
A hearty winter stew with butter beans and meat-free bacon wrapped sausages in a rich smoky tomato sauce.
Butterbean and Rasher-Wrapped-Sausage Casserole
- 275 (1 pack) VBites Meat-free sausage and bacon style wraps
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400 tin of butter beans, drained
- 400 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200c – Gas mark 6
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and lightly fry until the onions have browned.
- Add the butter beans, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Add mixed herbs, black pepper, yeast flakes and paprika then simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Oil a casserole dish a place the VBites rasher-wrapped sausages along the bottom.
- Pour the casserole sauce over the sausages and bake for 30 minutes.
We love to see how creative people get with our #VBites food. Bethany's Vegan Kitchen made this creative nachos pizza using our VBites ham pieces. Bethany said: Why choose between pizza and nachos when you can have both! Sort of. Really easy and quick to whip up, this...read more
Ingredients Filling: 250 ml vegetable stock 3 packs chicken style pieces 75g/3oz vegan margarine • 2 leeks trimmed and cut into slices • 2 garlic cloves crushed • 50g/2oz plain flour • 200ml/7fl oz diary free milk • 2–3 tbs white wine (optional) • 150ml/3fl oz soya...read more
Ingredients • 50g VBites melting mozzarella cheese • 30g VBites melting red cheese • 200 g fine ground semolina flour or strong white bread flour • 1 level tablespoon fine sea salt • 2x7 g sachets of dried yeast • 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar • Tomato sauce • 1...read more
Instructions • 300g VBites Duck Pieces • 2 teaspoons garlic powder • 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper • 1 teaspoon onion powder• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano • 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper...read more
Ingredients ▪ 300g vBites chicken ▪ for marinade ▪ 1/2cup yogurt I used alpro coconut ▪ 2 tbsp ginger paste ▪ 2 tbsp garlic paste ▪ 1/2 tsp white pepper powder ▪ 1/2 tsp cumin powder ▪ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder ▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ▪ 4 tbsp lemon juice ▪ salt, to...read more
Ingredients • 150g VBites chorizo • 250g/9oz floury potatoes, peeled • 1 tsp plant based butter , plus extra for greasing • dash of soya milk • 190g Vbites Edam super melting (150g grated) • 1 tsp English mustard • 2 spring onions, finely chopped • 1tsp of smoked...read more