Beef Style Ragout
- 1 packet of VBites Beef Style Pieces
- 1 cup chopped onions (around 3 small or 2 medium white onions)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 standard can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped, juice reserved
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large courgette/zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots (about 2 small carrots)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp of oregano to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. In a large pan cook onions until translucent then add garlic and cook for 1 min
2. Stir in juice from tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, courgette/zucchini, carrots, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Add the soya beef and warm through the sauce for 1 minute and serve.
5. Add more seasoning if necessary.
A quick easy spaghetti dish in a rich tomato sauce, infused with flavours of red wine, black olives and spicy chorizo.read more
Creamy stuffed mushrooms packed with spinach, garlic and full of earthy flavours.read more
Chicken style pieces seasoned with cajun spices and cooked with peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and stirred into quinoa for a protein-packed mealread more